LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to connect USB camera with MyRIo

When im trying to use Labview Vision toolbox im getting following errors. I have installed all drivers and i able to See CAM0 in labview but camera isn't capturing images. please check image for error

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,372 Views)

It most likely means that your USB camera doesn't fully comply to the USB Video Class specification. The Linux driver on the myRIO is a standard driver from the Linux kernel project and does implement a certain subset of functions from the USB Video Class specifications. Your device may use a non standard function somewhere or not implement a specific feature completely correct. Or the Linux kernel driver has a bug that doesn't fully work with your camera.

NI is very unlikely to fix this driver as it is not their product and your best bet is to try with a different USB camera.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,338 Views)

Hello ,

Thank for pointing out issues. Will you please suggest a list of USB camera that is compatible with NI MyRio or link where I can find the list of USB cameras Compatible with Device. 

Thanking you for your precious time.

Regards, 

Kumar K 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,295 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

It most likely means that your USB camera doesn't fully comply to the USB Video Class specification. The Linux driver on the myRIO is a standard driver from the Linux kernel project and does implement a certain subset of functions from the USB Video Class specifications. Your device may use a non standard function somewhere or not implement a specific feature completely correct. Or the Linux kernel driver has a bug that doesn't fully work with your camera.

NI is very unlikely to fix this driver as it is not their product and your best bet is to try with a different USB camera.

Hello ,

Thank for pointing out issues. Will you please suggest a list of USB camera that is compatible with NI MyRio or link where I can find the list of USB cameras Compatible with Device. 

Thanking you for your precious time.

Regards, 

Kumar K 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,295 Views)