From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No transfer is in progress

I have 2 usb devices in my system-one is 9172 DAQ module and other one is XDS510 USB JTAG emulator. I can get them both to work independantly. Some times DAQ throws error "No transfer is in progress because the transfer was aborted by the client".  The operation could not be completed as specified. Reset command from MAX would not work out this case. Only way to recover from this issue is reset max manually. I am using LabVIEW 8.6 and OS is Windows XP. 

Any help on this situation would be great.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,767 Views)

Hi 12345qwertt,

In the error window, do you see an error number?  That will help pinpoint the cause.  Additionally, how are you using the 9172 and JTAG emulator?  Does this occur when you are using both devices at the same time?

Message 2 of 11
(5,739 Views)
I am getting the erro attached. Please help to resolve the issue.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,655 Views)

Hi 12345qwertt,

1.  When both devices are plugged in simultaneously, are they both powered?  Does Windows detect both devices (Start»Control Panel»System»Hardware tab»Device Manager)

2.  Are you using the DAQ Assistant with the 9172?  If so, is the DAQ Assistant selecting the correct channels?  Removing the selected and re-adding them may help.

3.  Do you have the latest version of the DAQmx driver?  It can be found here.

Message 4 of 11
(5,636 Views)

I have tried different solutions that you have proposed. I am not able to resolve the issue.

Currently,we are recovering by turn OFF/ON power supply to the 9172 or reset 9172 or unplug/plug DAQ USB, which would allow me to continue my operation. Otherwise I would go to Device Manager->DAQ, disable DAQ and enable it. But this would not work some time as device manager seems not responding in some occasion.

Please propose an appropriate solution for the same.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,503 Views)

Hi 12345qwertt,

What version of DAQmx do you have?  You can check by expanding Software in MAX.  Also, can you post a screenshot of the device manager?  I want to know if Windows recognizes both devices when they are enabled together. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,490 Views)

12345qwertt wrote:

I have tried different solutions that you have proposed. I am not able to resolve the issue.

Currently,we are recovering by turn OFF/ON power supply to the 9172 or reset 9172 or unplug/plug DAQ USB, which would allow me to continue my operation. Otherwise I would go to Device Manager->DAQ, disable DAQ and enable it. But this would not work some time as device manager seems not responding in some occasion.

Please propose an appropriate solution for the same.

Everytime I have seen that issue it was related to power.

Is the 9172 bus powered or is it using an external supply?

Is the extrnal supply plugged into a good power source?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 7 of 11
(5,486 Views)

I have attached three screenshots.

1)Error thrown by DAQ.

2)Device Manager.

3)MAX->Software screenshot.

Please help on this.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,470 Views)
Will this link help?