From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal detected in the AI0 port of BNC 2110

Hi, friends:

Presently, I encounter some strange problems.

I have a BNC cable with analogue voltage signal inside, and I can see the pulse voltage signal with amplitude of 5.2 V and repetition of 4.4 ms in the oscilloscope. However, when I connected the same cable into the AI0 port of BNC 2110, and run following labview code (see mapping code in the appendix), I can just get a constant signal from the port. Which is more weird is even I disconnected the cable, I still can see that constant signal from LabView.

I hope I can make sense. Thank you so much for pointing out my errors.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,040 Views)

What card do you have the BNC-2210 connected to? Have you tried playing with the soft panels in MAX yet?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,022 Views)

Yeah run MAX and look at the test panel.  That is basically the most low level way to test out your hardware.  If the signal looks weird there, it will look weird in LabVIEW.  You may have the terminal configuration wrong, like set up for differential or single ended.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(2,980 Views)

Hi, thanks for reply. I have two cards, one is PCIe 6321, another is PCIe 6363. I just tried the MAX. Without any connection, there was a voltage signal of -10V in the AI0 port of PCIe 6321 card, and 3V in the AI0 port of PCIe 6363 card.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(2,967 Views)

Thanks for reply. I just tried the MAX. Without any connection, there was a voltage signal of -10V in the AI0 port of PCIe 6321 card, and 3V in the AI0 port of PCIe 6363 card.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(2,966 Views)

And with a connection? Could you see your expected signal?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(2,956 Views)

No. It should not be a difficult thing anyway. I monitored the voltage pulse signal with 5.1V, 4.5 ms repetition, and 400us duration in the oscilloscope. After that, I just want to observe and process the same signal in my PC by LabView, through BNC 2110 and PCIe 6363 card. I plugged the signal cable into the AI0 port of 2110 block, but see nothing from the LabView. I hope I made some sense.Cat Indifferent

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(2,951 Views)

Before worrying about your LabVIEW code, just try to make sure you see the signal in MAX as you do on your o-scope. Have you configured the input correctly on your 6363 card?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(2,948 Views)

Thanks, Gregoryj. The PCIe 6363 card can be detected correctly in MAX. Should I do more steps to configure it? 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(2,943 Views)

@colorizedice wrote:

Thanks, Gregoryj. The PCIe 6363 card can be detected correctly in MAX. Should I do more steps to configure it? 

Have you tried reading the fun manual?  (RTFM)  Here's a few links on how to use the test panel.  Nothing extra should need to be configured.

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4638/en/

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/5439/en/

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(2,936 Views)