From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No output from LabVIEW NXG Conversion Utility

I am trying to convert a LabVIEW 2019 project to NXG 4.0. I start a conversion utility and select the project file or the whole project folder. I click preview and it shows the expected folder tree and the default output folder  '..\Documents\Labview Projects'. I click convert and it completes without any other messages. The  '..\Documents\Labview Projects' folder remains empty afterward. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,118 Views)

I wonder if the conversion is failing silently for some reason. Can you convert a simple, stand-alone VI? What if you change the output folder to a different location (say c:\ConvertedProjects)?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,052 Views)

@MichaelBalzer wrote:

I wonder if the conversion is failing silently for some reason. Can you convert a simple, stand-alone VI? What if you change the output folder to a different location (say c:\ConvertedProjects)?

I tried to convert a simple, stand-alone VI. I got the following error: 

Conversion was unable to convert the file. Loading this type of file requires the MD5 hashing algorithm. Use a computer whose security policy allows non-FIPS compliant algorithms to be used.

I tried old VIs as well as brand new test VIs. I received the same error message.

I run into FIPS non-compliance with NI software before, but only in beta versions, never in production ones.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,031 Views)

If that's truly the error, it might be a security setting on your PC stopping it.

Do you work for a company or government agency that might have set super strict security policies on your PC via group policy?

This article has some notes on the policy as well as some ways to turn it off if you have permissions to do so on your PC.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,022 Views)

@Kyle97330 wrote:

If that's truly the error, it might be a security setting on your PC stopping it.

Do you work for a company or government agency that might have set super strict security policies on your PC via group policy?

This article has some notes on the policy as well as some ways to turn it off if you have permissions to do so on your PC.

I'm aware of the FIPS policy configuration on a PC. NI  was always up to speed on this issue as a major vendor for the entities that mandate it. Looks like I have to submit it as a bug report for NXG 4.0.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,019 Views)

Is there any news about this bug? 

Just installed LabVIEW NXG 5.0 today and observed the same bug: no directory created after code conversion. no error reported. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,940 Views)

Hi colleagues,

I have a very similar issue:

The conversion tool is running without prompting any Error message. In the end I can find a freshly created new folder which is empty.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,848 Views)