LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to create simulated devices

Hi,

In my MAX there is no option to create simulated devices on one of my PC's. I created the simulated device on another PC and when I try to import get a "<no importable data>" error.  I have version 9.3 of DAQmx/ LabVIEW 2010 SP1 installed. The only difference I can think of is that I have Win7 64. Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,136 Views)

When you look under the Software tab in MAX what versions of MAX as well as NI-DAQmx MAX Configuration Support do you have?

I hope you have a great rest of the day!

-Cody C

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,098 Views)

CodyC,

Thanks for your interest.

From the attached picture you can see I had MAX 9.3 and ADE Support 9.3. My solution was to do a complete NI uninstall/reinstall - now create new simulated NI-DAQmx device is present and works fine. I have no idea why it was not present.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,065 Views)

Hi Cody,

I've got the exact same problem after installing LV 2011.

When I try to create a simulated device, I see the same thing as the OP did.  Also, I just plugged in a cDAQ-9172 and it's not showing up either.  Although Windows did say that the device installed correctly.

The version of Max I have is: 5.0.0f1

DAQmx Device Driver: 9.1.5f1

ADE Support: 9.3.5

MAX Configuration: 9.3.5

I really hope the "solution" here is not reinstalling all NI products.  This would mean many, many hours.   Is there anything else I can do?

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,014 Views)

You need at least DAQmx 9.3.5 for LV 2011.

NI-DAQ and LabVIEW Version Compatibility (for Windows)

Message 5 of 6
(3,011 Views)

Thanks RavensFan!

A little odd, because when I installed LV 2011 all of the other drivers were updated....just not DAQmx.  I could have sworn I set that to install.  But re-installing DAQ drivers today did the trick. 

Unfortunately I'm not the original poster, so I can't mark your post as the solution. 

But.....

See solution above!!

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,995 Views)