LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No memory reported by System State Publisher in DSM (cRIO-9067)

HI all,

I'm running into an unexpected restart issue (the same problem I posted about several months ago - cRIO-9067 Real-time unexpected error restart (Hex 0x661). I noticed the status LED blinking 4 times, meaning the RT software was restarted twice due to an unexpected crash. The cRIO-9067 manual suggests it's a memory leak issue, and to check the memory usage. So I've gone to check the memory usage of the controller via the DSM, only to be greeted with 0 MBs and NaNs:

2015-07-02_cRIO-9067_memoryNaN.PNG

Is there any reason why the memory usage isn't being reported? Is there another way to check memory usage of the cRIO?

Given my experience with this particular cRIO I'm beginning to wonder if there's some deeper issue with it, possibly bad RAM or something else in hardware.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,018 Views)

Hey there,

I am assuming you have already reformatted and reinstalled software to the cRIO, as cited in the linked forum post. There is a chance that something was corrupted during the NI-RIO download and installation, in which case, you could reinstall RIO on your machine. 

Before that, I would try monitoring the CPU and memory programmatically as outlined in the following KnowledgeBase article:

'How Do I Monitor Available Storage Space on a LabVIEW Real-Time Controller?'

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4BCAB18196B0728686256BDC0076921C?OpenDocument

This method is significantly more precise than the DSM method s the data is being generated and displayed through the RTOS rather than over the network (DSM executes on your host PC).

Hope this helps!

~ Q ~

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,921 Views)