LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer able to import CVI Instrument Driver in LabView 2010

Hello,

I used to be able to download the Import CVI Instrument Driver Wizard in LabView 2009, but there is no wizard for 2010?

I also tried importing the driver with the shared library import, but then Binary, Slides and Rings do not come up with their values i.e. if my slide in CVI has 3 positions :

Description      Value

Item 1                 1

Item 2                 2

Item 3                 3

or if my Binary has

Description      Value

On                        1

Off                        0

they do not import the description into LabView 2010?

I tried copying the directories created by the 2009-wizard to the directories of 2010 i.e.:

from     C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\resource\CVIFpConv
to          C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\resource\CVIFpConv

and

from     C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\project\_DriverCtoLV
to         C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\project\_DriverCtoLV
and the wizard loads and runs until I specify a .fp file and then I get the error in the jpeg attached. When I try to open the block diagram (FC_RFL_Initialize.vi), it says you need a password to view it, so that stops my debugging.

Error using Instrument Driver Import Wizard in LabView 2010.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,809 Views)

CVI Instrument Driver Wizard does not formally support LabVIEW 2010 at this point.But we are fully aware of customer's needs for LabVIEW 2010 support.

If you have both LabVIEW 2009 and LabVIEW 2010 installed, the walkaround is to import C drivers in LabVIEW 2009. And then copy the generated LabVIEW files to C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\instr.lib. Drivers generated in LabVIEW 2009 should also work in LabVIEW 2010. Any further questions, please email to instrument.driver@ni.com. The instrument driver team will work with you to make C drivers workable in the latest LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,758 Views)

Is there an estimated release date for 2010 support of the wizard?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,751 Views)

Hi,

Any update on when this will be available in LabView 2010? (It is now March, my last post was in Dec! please let me know asap)

Thanks...Ness

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,575 Views)

Hi Ness,

You could download the new tool with LabVIEW2010 and LabVIEW2011 support from:

https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/gb_infolvinstdriver/content.xhtml

Thanks,

Charles

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,453 Views)

HI,

I downloaded the wizard and when I tried to import a driver I got this message shown below...(labview 2010)

Thanks...Ness

Error message.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,432 Views)

Hi Ness,

Would you please provide the source code of the objective IVI driver you converted? If there is any confidential issue, please let me know and we could communicate with email.

Thanks

Charles

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,406 Views)