LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer able to download previous versions without SSP

I'm VERY disappointed to discover today that even with a valid serial number for older versions of software, Ni.com doesn't allow the download unless you have SSP.

Where I work as an R&D engineer, we don't need (or have the budget) to always have the latest version. To make older media so much more difficult to get at is probably just going to aggravate everyone, push people to search for media on the internet, and maybe resort to cracked software as well.

There should have at least been a warning email notifying us of this change so we could download a copy of the installation media to archive.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,695 Views)

The change was actually many, many moons ago... but I was just as frustrated when I found out the hard way.  Have you tried contacting NI to see if at least they can send you a disc?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,649 Views)

Just contact NI support. If they can somehow verify that you have a valid license they will send you a (temporary) download link. You are entitled to that as the license is not a period limited one when you purchase LabVIEW in the ordinary way although there is a good chance that they will eventually follow everyone else in the industry and try to push everyone to a fully periodic license model. Most other software you can’t buy anymore but only lease a time limited right to use it!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,645 Views)

I agree with you rolfk.

I back-burner'ed this for a bit and decided to get back on it today.  I called the 888-280-7645 number and pushed 0.

They basically told me that without SSP, they can't put me through to an engineer since I don't have phone support.  I was told that the only option is to post on the forums and maybe an engineer will see it and help me out.

I really think this is a super ineffective move for NI - to deny access to older versions to try to force people into renewing SSP.  Our company has spent tons of money on various licenses of Labview, 100's of thousands on PXI hardware, countless DAQ cards, etc.  This actually just inspired us to seek out alternate solutions whenever possible, and has undoubtedly already cost NI some business.

Anybody that can provide a download link for Multisim 14.0 ? (I have Power Pro edition if that makes a difference)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,430 Views)

I have similar problem now. 100% agree with you. We also spend lot of money in the past and now I cant figure it out how to get coresponding installers.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(1,857 Views)

I know this is not what you wanted, but it looks like you can install LV 2019 - 2023 Q1 from the NI Package Manager.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(1,851 Views)

Hi

I guess you will have to buy a Month worth of Subscription. Then You are entitled to download and activate ( probably time limited ) any older versions, according to this NI web page entry :

Activating Previous Versions of NI Software for Single Seats

Updated Nov 8, 2022

This article explains how to proceed when a license for NI software is purchased and is intended to use a version of the software that is older than the one purchased.

With the new NI's Subscription Software Program, the serial number that is received when NI software is purchased gives access to the latest version of the software. This serial number can be used to activate not only that version but previous and future versions with automatic upgrades as soon as software is released considering that the software subscription license or services agreement is active.

For example, a LabVIEW license can be purchased and use the serial number to activate LabVIEW 2018 or 2012 or any prior to the latest at the moment of the purchase.

Steps to activate older versions of software:
  1. Register your serial number. The steps are detailed here: Register Products to MyNI User Account.
  2. Download the legacy software you are interested in. For more information about downloading older versions, please see: Download Older Versions of NI Software.
  3. Follow the activation method that better matches your licensing agreement. Here you can see detailed help: Activating NI Software Products.

Refer to Single-Seat License Program for more information.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(1,807 Views)

Is NI Approves sharing the Previous LabVIEW Version, if they saved in their Local Machines?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(1,774 Views)

THIS IS ABSOLUTE B U L L S H I T

I just built a new workstation, own several older licenses that I use regularly, and you mean to tell me I cannot download the SW I paid thousands for????????

This is a f'ing crime. They are trying to force you to spend more thousands. 

If I cannot fix this, I WILL NEVER EVER use Labview again and I will go to Python like everyone else is doing. 

I PAID MY MONEY AND I WANT MY SOFTWARE. WTF LABVIEW

Message 9 of 12
(603 Views)

Even in the days of Internet and AI you still have something called an old fashioned telephone. Back in those days your old licenses may have been bought, it was the preferred method to use that to ask to have floppies, CDs or an USB stick sent to you or a private download prepared. It’s still a possibility and NI has in the past done so after verifying that the user really did own that license (through proof of purchase with your company name on it, or some other way that shows you did not scrape the serial number from some Hackerz site).

One recommendation: calm down and listen to some soothing music before you call. Tech support people are still humans and are more likely to put up some effort for you if they are approached nicely. NI never promised you that you could download the software freely until the end of the world. If you displaced your installer that is not their fault.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(590 Views)