From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No image on the Windows Media Player Active-X on second load...

Why does the second time I load a file in the Windows Media Player Active-X, I don't have an image even if I see that the file is playing (scroll progressing on the bottom) ? I use the method "launchURL" and it works fine the first time I load the VI containing the Active-X. But the second time (and third and so on...) I load the VI, the progress bar advances on the bottom of the window, the name of the file appears but I don't see any image...

Any ideas ?   Thanks !!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,700 Views)
Hi JFBR,

When you mean image, are you trying to play a video file? Could you please provide a little more information on what you are attempting to do? Also, could you post the segment of your code responsible for doing this? I would like to examine to determine why this could be happening. Thank you.

Best regards,

Steven
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,676 Views)
Thanks for replying...

yes I'm trying to display a video format (.wmv). The VI that I'm running is attached to this message. Basically, this Vi receives a string (the path), and this string is passed to the parameter "URL" and method "bstrURL" of the Active-X. It works fine when I first call this VI. But if I click on the "Close" button (wich brings me to the initial VI), and recall the VI with the Active-X with the same path, the video is started, I get to see the progress bar, I have the sound, but no images are displayed.

To try it, just make a VI calling the attached VI with a path (string format) of a video you have on your computer....

Thanks !!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,669 Views)
Hi,

If there a reason as to why you are calling the Windows Media Player VI from another VI?  Furthermore, I have noticed that you do not have your error wires hooked up from your ActiveX controls.   What is your ultimate goal with your application.

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,653 Views)
I'm getting this problem too. the reason to call active-x wmp in pop-up window is to set some information depending on video(such as "event start frame"). after setting window is closed, control and video returned to IMAQ vision in main program. 
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,528 Views)

i am not an expert but try whit that

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,207 Views)