No available resources - sbRIO9651

I'm trying to add new FPGA I/O but  there are no available resources:

I'm using sb-RIO 9651

Can anyone surgest why?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,593 Views)

Hi cristina.lopez,

The sbRIO-9651 is a bit different from our normal FPGA targets in that it's meant for custom board designs using the 9651 System on Module. 

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/52314/en/

Because of this, the 9651 needs a reference to I/O definitions to "know" what I/O is available. This is done through the sbRIO-9651 socket in the project. socket.JPG

I'm assuming you're using our prototyping/reference board version of the device. If that's the case, simply right-click on the Socket in the project, and choose "Properties." In the sbRIO-9651 Socketed Component Level IP Declaration dropdown, choose "Browse" and select the correct file for your device. The file path should be called out in the sbRIO-9651 Quick Start Guide that came with your developer kit, but if not you should be able to find it here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\CompactRIO\CLIPs\sbRIO-9651\DevKit

Once you ensure that it's selected from the dropdown, your I/O should appear under the socket. 

Charlie J.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,555 Views)

I had already had this, but, I'm triying to do a spi communicacion, and, I need FPGA I/O nodes that they are created in this way: right click - new fpga I/O and then you chose available resources, but I haven't them.

I tried to do I/O node with fuctions palettes but, they aren't a valid input to visa spi fuctions.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,540 Views)

I am having the same exact issue on a sb9636, implementing Single Port SPI.

If you are using the 'SPI Single Port Example', I opened the 'Example Port Code' and dropped the Direct FPGA I/O calls in and delete the 'cute' FPGA I/O alias calls...

The old way works...

Regards

Jack Hamilton

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,211 Views)

My sbRIO is a 9637 with LabVIEW 2017 SP1 and RT 17.6 installed.

There are no errors, I can run FPGA and RT code fine..But I the 'New FPGA I/O' properties browsers shows NOTHING for avaliable I/O.

What gives?

No FPGA IO for sb9637.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,203 Views)