From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Tests Show Up in VI Analyzer [pics]

I do not see any tests available in the VI analyzer window, does anyone know why this could be?

I can open up the VI Analyzer in the tools menu and select some VIs:

cap1.PNG

When I click "Next" I do not see any tests available:

cap2.PNG

I do have some .llb files in the VI Analyzer folder:

cap3.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,283 Views)

Repairing the VI analyzer install fixed the situation.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,276 Views)

How exactly did you repair? VI Analyzer is a part of Professional LabVIEW. It doesn't show up as a separate NI software that can be repaired. Repairing LabVIEW itself didn't fix it for me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,975 Views)

The VI Analyzer Toolkit is included in LabVIEW Professional but it is also its own entity that can be seen within the NI License Manager, but to download the toolkit again you can find the installer at:

http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/ssnav:pdl/fil/AND(nilanguage:en,%20...

Message 4 of 12
(3,958 Views)

Thanks! Downloading and reinstalling it separately helped indeed! It added the previously missing folders and libraries to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\project\_VI Analyzer" folder.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,948 Views)

This is happening to me in LabVIEW 2017 x64.  I used NI Package manager to uninstall VI Analyzer and then downloaded the latest version and installed it.   Tests window is still blank.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,083 Views)

Hi Thomas,

Did you use NIPM to re-install it or the direct link (64-bit)? From your wording I assume you used the direct link, but just want to double check.

You could also try to repair the entire installation...

What does your VI Analyzer directory have in it? Mine is located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\project\_VI Analyzer" and contains

folder "_tests"

folder "Quick Launch"

analyzerresults.llb

analyzerui.llb

testcreator.llb

Message 7 of 12
(3,075 Views)

I used NI Package manager to uninstall VI Analyzer, then I used the downloaded zip file from the direct link to install it.

My directory

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\project\_VI Analyzer

contains the same files you listed.  Looking at the "_tests" folder, I see various test categorys and subfolders and lots of llb's under them.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,071 Views)

How do you do a repair operation?  I don't see that in windows program list or NI package manager.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,064 Views)

I think if you run the install media again you might be able to run a repair operation, but I am not positive.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,055 Views)