LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nipcibrd.sys/ Labview 2019

Hello- 

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and shortly after installed Labview 2019. When attaching and detaching the dock I received a blue screen error stating that nipcibrd.sys has failed. I've been troubleshooting the workstation to include clearing the entire system and starting over, replacing the hard drive, changing the docking station, re-configuring the thunderbolt settings, etc. The final fix was uninstalling Labview 2019 and installing Labview 2018. 

Is there possibily a solution out there for Labview 2019 nipcibrd.sys?

Any help is appreciated

Message 1 of 20
(5,373 Views)

It's possible it will be fixed in an upcoming release, if R&D has caught it otherwise.  But to be sure of the cause in your specific case you would need to provide the dump file from the crash, which would allow for diagnosis.  It can be found with instructions here.  If no other bluescreens have occurred since it last crashed, and you haven't formatted, it should still be there.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(5,342 Views)

Nearly all bluescreens are caused by bad hardware or bad drivers.  "Nipcibrd.sys" is associated with your PCI bridge.  Did you try updating your PC's drivers for your motherboard chipset at any point during your troubleshooting process?  The default Microsoft ones often need updating.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(5,332 Views)

Was this issue ever resolved?  I am having this issue when I disconnect from my dock.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(5,122 Views)

Not sure.  If you're able please provide the crash dump as described in my last post. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(5,108 Views)

Attached is the minidump file.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(5,093 Views)

Thanks for providing this.  Based on the data in the dump, it does appear to be identical to an issue previously identified by other users.  I can't make guarantees on timeline, but right now I would expect the fix to be available in the next release of PXI Platform Services (20.0) in early April.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(5,070 Views)

My laptop is also windows 10, running Labview 2019 and nipcibrd.sys causes me to BSOD if I disconnect my USB C hub from my laptop and the hub isnt even NI hardware. Cant just use another computer because I dont own one and the issue just started occurring a week ago. Anyone have the same problem or a solution?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(5,006 Views)

Please provide your dump file as described above.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(4,979 Views)

Hello.
I tried the firmware update for the Intel Thunderbolt controller.
At that time, Windows displayed BSoD.
The dump file indicates that nipcibrd.sys is the cause.
My computer has NI Labview 2019 SP1 and PXI Platform Services 19.5 installed.
Is this a known problem?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(4,885 Views)