LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nipalsm.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows...

Hello List,

I'm getting this error on bootup.  The box closes by itself after a few minutes.

All of my LV apps seam to work, but I want to get the box off of the screen to remove any confusion for the guys in the shop using the system.   (They will be on the phone to IT as soon as they see it!)

The machine is a 1.7G pentium running Win2K.  I am setting the machine up to run LV built EXEs to communicate with Fieldpoint I/O, so the machine has the LV7.0 runtime, and MAX 4.0 installed (I had to install MAX 4.0 to get the drivers that will talk to a cFP2010).  There is no LV editor installed)  It also communicates with an external scope & DMM via Vias/ethernet.  Also installed on the machine is MS Office.  There is no anti-virus software installed.

If I double click to run it manually, I don't get the error.  I also can't seam to find the error log it says it created.

Any ideas would be helpfull.

Thanks,
Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,990 Views)

Hi wd8ivl,

When you get the error, does the dialog box have a link to click for more information about the error?  If so, please click on the link and post which dll is being referred to in the dialog box.  (Please refer to the diagram below for more information.)  If this is not the case, can you please either attach an image of the dialog box you are getting, or the exact wording of the error message?

Best of luck on your application, and have a great day.

Message Edited by cphuong on 12-13-2006 10:21 AM

Message Edited by cphuong on 12-13-2006 10:22 AM

Regards,
Ching P.
DAQ and Academic Hardware R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,987 Views)

Ching,

Maybe you are using a different version of Labview or a different O.S., but my error box doesn't display an option for more information.

If I can find what is telling it to load, (maybe from the registry), I can fix it.

For what ever reason, I can't seam to attach a jpg of it.

Thanks,

Mike

Message Edited by wd8ivl on 12-13-2006 11:42 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,975 Views)
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information.  NI-PAL is a shared library used by many NI drivers.  Generally an NI-PAL error is the result of a bad driver installation or corrupt file.  With the information you provided, I am unable to determine what driver could have caused this error.  Please take at the following KnowledgeBase: Where Can I Find the Error Log Created by Windows 2000?, and attach the error log file that you get.  I'd like to take a look at this file and see if I can determine which driver is causing this error.

I hope to hear from you soon, and have a wonderful day!!

Regards,
Ching P.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,945 Views)

Ching,

Thanks for the reply.

My local NI rep (Som S.) was in here yesterday.  He re-installed the LV 7.0 runtime, MAX 4.0 and the NI-VISA runtime...nothing helped.

After that, a call to Austin solved the problem.  (I don't know who he spoke with) 

He was told to disable the "nipxirmu" service.  That solved the boot-up error, and my applications run fine (I'm not using anything PXI)

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,937 Views)
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information!!  I'm glad to know that everything is working well again.
Regards,
Ching P.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,913 Views)