cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ni USB 6229 variable voltage output

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I am graduating and I am using Labview (for the first time) for my thesis.

In particular, I need Labview to control a NI USB-6229 to generate a voltage output that varies in time as shown 

V2         ---------------   

V1  ------                  ---------------

0      t1              t2               t3   

with V1,V2,t1,t2,t3 selected by the user. This voltage output is used to control a power generator.
I managed to generate something similar to what I want but my X axis (time) is out of scale and in general I'm not sure if this is the right way to do this.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,003 Views)

yes, it is possible, but the smallest time interval between two successive voltage levels are limited by the sampling rate based on the number of active AO channels.

santo_13_0-1637113216218.png

If you're using all 4 channels, the time resolution is 1.6us (best case). If you're using only 1 channel, it becomes better to 1.2us (best case)

Unfortunately, I do not use the latest LV version (and so does many of the forum members), so please upload the VI in an earlier version say 2016.

Here is how to save for an earlier version - https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361R-01/lvhowto/saving_for_the_previous_ve/

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(981 Views)

Hi santo_13, thank you so much for your help.

I'm using 1 channel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(967 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Flavie7

I have restructured your code to be scalable in terms of number of voltages and time durations. Please try the attached VI (2013).

santo_13_0-1637181922974.png

santo_13_1-1637181933423.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 4 of 4
(923 Views)