LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ni PXIe-4492 connects to oscilloscope

My NI-PXIe 4492 device is in the case of NI 8821. When I connect one of the channels of NI-PXIe 4492 with the probe of the oscilloscope, the oscilloscope does not show the waveform. I want to know why, and what can I do to fix it. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(976 Views)

For your information, PXI 4492 is an Analog input module, you need a signal generator to provide signal to the module. Connecting two inputs together will not give any signal - 4492 and scope.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(958 Views)

I think I understand. Thank you so much for your answer!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(931 Views)

As you explained, I've been looking for a lot of ways to do this, but it may be a little difficult for me, the problem is not solved, I would like your advice, you think if I want to use the oscilloscope connection NI 4492, what am I supposed to do? Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(880 Views)

4492 is an analog input card, it consumes signals like an oscilloscope. 

Always connect a signal output to signal input. You do not connect two inputs together without a signal output as it does not logically provide any functionality.

Please elaborate on why you would need to connect a scope to 4492 and what you have tried.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(875 Views)

I tried to connect the oscilloscope to the NI 4492 because when NI 4492 was used for data acquisition, I wanted to be able to display the 4492 results on the oscilloscope. The eight channels are supposed to connect the signal to be collected, so I don't know how to connect the oscilloscope to observe the waveform when the 4492 is collecting the signal.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(866 Views)

Please share details of cables, connectors used in the connection and if possible picture of the cable connections.

Where does the signal come from? a microphone or accelerometer? what model?

What kind of oscilloscope probes do you have?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(860 Views)

我还没有接信号,我只想知道,以后我要采集数据的时候,NI 4492通道接了信号,如果要外接示波器怎么接?附上我目前组装的硬件设备。

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(852 Views)