LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ni-9219 RTD measurement sample rate

Hi, I'm scanning 8 channels using the NI 9219, using the CompactDAQ. Is there a way I can scan the channels at a faster rate? It appears the scanning is very slow, and ideally it'd be faster.I've attached my code.

Thanks,

Andrea

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,340 Views)

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for posting.  How fast are you hoping to sample your RTD's?  One of the reasons that you could be seeing slow response in your VI is because of the way your measurements are coded.  One issue is coming from the fact that each each time your main loop runs, your code creates eight new DAQmx channels, reads a measurement from them and closes each channel.  This will take some time to perform and will limit the speed at which your code can run.

If your goal is to configure all eight of your channels the same and read from them continuously.  If that is the case, you could model your program after this example and specify all eight channels in the physical channel control.  This example would be a good model to follow, depending on how fast you want to sample.  I hope this helps!

Regards,

Joe S.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,321 Views)