Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newport XPS Motion Controller

The vi is attached here.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,954 Views)

I donot get any error. The stage just does not move at all.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,954 Views)

What should be the Group Name for a particular stage.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,953 Views)

Try this snippet to verify that the Comms is working.  Don't forget to change the IP address to match your system.

XPS Comms.png

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,944 Views)

Hey Ken, 

Can you please provide the vi for the snapshot.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,940 Views)

VI Attached (LabVIEW 2016)

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,936 Views)

Dear Ken,

Thanks for the vi. It is communicating with the motion controller but I am not able to move the stage with my code.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,933 Views)

These are the errors which I am getting.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,930 Views)

I don't think you need to login unless you enabled some security features. To configure your group and positioner names, go to the web interface. My "Front Panel" looks like this. I have groups: Group1, Group2 each with one positioner, which are named Group1.Pos and Group2.Pos respectively.

Capture.PNG

Also, when sharing error information, it is helpful to share all the error information from LabVIEW, including the code (numeric) and source (string).

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,924 Views)

Error -18 is "Positioner name doesn't exist".  So you are connecting, it's just not able to move because the positioner name you gave it is wrong.

It's almost certainly the fact that you need to use "Group1.Pos" instead of "Group1" as the input.

The other error, -123, is due to the fact that only one connection can use the administration login at once.  As mentioned, for 99% of functions you don't need to be an administrator, so just get rid of the login VIs.

Message 20 of 20
(1,919 Views)