LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newport XPS Motion Controller

I am not able to connect the Newport XPS-Q8 Motion Controller to LabVIEW (I guess it is not communicating). Can anybody help on this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(5,179 Views)

It may not be a LabVIEW problem,  Have you tried communicating with you XPS via a browser?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(5,152 Views)

I connect to Newport XPS devices quite often, and I can tell you that if you're having problems it's not because they don't work with LabVIEW.

Are you using the supplied XPS VIs, the XPS .NET DLL, or are you using your own code?  If it's your own code, can you post the VI you're using to connect?

Also, like Ken asked, have you verified that you can connect to the XPS outside of LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(5,148 Views)

Yes it is communicating with the browser but not with LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(5,142 Views)

Hi niftp, you will have to post your code to get any more insight on this issue. The best way to do this is to save it to the lowest reasonable version, then zip it up, and upload the .zip file here. It is ok to supplement with pictures, but it should not be only pictures.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(5,139 Views)

I am using the supplied XPS VIs and the XPS .NET DLL file. Since I am new to LabVIEW I started with trying the example using "http://assets.newport.com/webDocuments-EN/images/XPS_LabVIEW_MC.PDF" but it did not work.

I am using it for a single axis motion using ILS300LM stage.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(5,138 Views)

To get started I am using the code exactly provided by newport in the link "http://assets.newport.com/webDocuments-EN/images/XPS_LabVIEW_MC.PDF" but it is not working.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(5,137 Views)

Can anybody tell the steps for Fresh start of this device using LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(5,135 Views)

It would still be useful to see the actual code you are running, there may be something obvious with the IP address, group name, positioner name, or function you are trying to call. Also check the status in the web browser and make sure the stage does not need to be homed.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(5,133 Views)

Can you provide a screenshot or copy-paste of the error you get when the connection fails?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(5,130 Views)