From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newport 6100 Laser Diode and Temperature Controller

I am trying to run my Newport 6100 Laser Diode and Temperature Controller through LabVIEW but I really have no idea where to start. It comes with a bunch of VI's but nothing on how to use them. If anyone has used this before can you please help me out.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,608 Views)

I have not used the Newport controller, but have used some others.  I poked around on Newport's web site but did not find the VIs you mentioned. I found a few VIs dated form August 2007 under Software Samples.  They were written using LV 6 and were not written all that well.  You might be better off starting with the users manual or the programming manual and writing your own.

Specifically, what is your problem?  Do you know how to use LV but do not understand the VIs or do you not understand LV? Can you communicate with the instrument? Do you get any errors? What have you tried? Please post the VI(s) you are using along with specific indications of what does not work.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,602 Views)

You can find the VIs to control Newport 6100 in the 6100_LDD_TEC_Controller_LV8(or7).llb (LLB), which is provided from the accompanying CD-ROM. 

First, you have to start with the “OpenDevice.vi” in the LLB, and this VI will open devices connected to your PC and also give you information on the devices. The number shown in “arg1” window may be the “DeviceID.”  (I’m not sure about this, because I have just tried one device and the number is always “1.” 

Next, open another VI that you would like to run, Actual Temperatrue.vi, for example, and put the above number to “DeviceID in,” and run the VI. You will obtain the current temperature. There are other VIs in the LLB for controlling the Newport 6100.

My system is LabVIEW 2011 working on Windows 7.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,099 Views)