LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Labview, need some wrapper_... files

I am a new labview user and im currently using v 11.0. I recently added some greyscale programs for an SLM from an older computer with an older labview version which is no longer being used. When I tried to open the VI, it seems that some of the VI's are missing and im not sure where I can access them from. I have every labview file from the old computer which the computer techs from my school provided and these wrapper files don't exist within them. I was told that I might be able to get them from NI or download from somewhere else. Some of these VI files include Wrapper_getSpectrum.vi, Wrapper_getWavelengths.vi, Wrapper_setIntegrationTime.vi, etc. I was told that the VI's which I attempted to open with labview work and they open up almost completely fine but with a broken arrow if I ignore all of the needed wrapper.vi files.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,806 Views)

I am not aware of any "Wrapper" NI VI's. A quick search of LV2011 and 2012 did not find anything on "wrapper". This sounds like you are missing custom code written by your orginization. Maybe there is an old backup somewhere or these files could be in a different location? Hopefully somebody made some backups.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,770 Views)

This files

Wrapper_getSpectrum.vi, Wrapper_getWavelengths.vi, Wrapper_setIntegrationTime.vi, etc

are subVIs which is in 2008 folder inside 

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2008 (Hopefully)

Try searching there only.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,743 Views)

And just to make one thing clear, there is NO LabVIEW 2008.

There is LabVIEW 8.6, LabVIEW 8.5, LabVIEW 8.0. 

Ranjeet Singh: What version are you referring to ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,730 Views)

I am working on Labview 2011 so in program file it is Labview 2011.so i said

What i mean to say to search in program files.

I am not pointing to that. I just want to tell him to search in c --> program files.

Hope this is ok

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,726 Views)

What you are saying is that you have the files in your LabVIEW 2011 folder. If you don't what is the purpose of your post except to confuse? If you actually did a search and found them, please provide the exact path.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,696 Views)

Well, thanks for the suggestions. I will try and find the sub VI's that I need in a version 8.X on another computer.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,668 Views)

I dont want to confuse them, I just want to tell them that this example file can be found in c program files then labview folder.

Like i said i am working on 2011 so for helping one person who is using 2008, i thought telling him to search in labview folder which is in c is better then installing 2008 in my PC. 

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,647 Views)

And if you really have read my post you, Ranjeet Singh, would know by now that ther is no 2008 version of LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,637 Views)

That "wrapper" is a from Ocean Optics Omnidriver package to program their USB spectrometers.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,618 Views)