LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New VI - default window size

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks for the idea. Ideally I'd like to avoid the requirement of adding the template to each and every project.

I wonder if this can be modified by editing some of the core project provider framework VIs/ LabVIEW VIs.

I've also noticed what appears to be a bug with VIs created using the override method (lv_new_vi.vi).

When attempting to add the newly created VI to the project using the App.Project.ActiveProject -> MyComputer -> AddItmFromMemory, it fails with Error 1004: The VI is not in memory. However, if I run the lv_new_vi.vi manually it works without any problems.

New VI.png

2017-08-07_11-51-10.png

Using LV2018 32 bit

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

https://getsharex.com/
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,003 Views)

Hi,

This works for me except I'm not able to save or save as the new VI, named Untitled 3 Front Panel, same as regular VI. I just got a 32" monitor and the LabVIEW new VIs are way too big :-).

cc

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(824 Views)

Please connect "App.DefaultApplication" to input "application refnum" of "New VI" to avoid problems when saving the VI.

Otherwise the new vi is created in application instance "NI.LV.PlugIN" which does not support save dialogs.

Peter_Hopeful_0-1617191851186.png

Message 13 of 13
(686 Views)