LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New QUAD Core Laptops Refresh Slower

Three other thoughts before you rewrite your code:

1. Use Task Manager to check the load.  Both should run under 20%

2. The data acquisition may be slower that you think on the new computer. Use MAX to run your task.

3. The updates may be faster than you can see due to the high-performance graphics

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(361 Views)

If you're using property nodes to update controls\indicators, then you will get synchronization with the refresh rate of the screen. The refresh rate of the screen could be set to a low rate, independently of the CPU and\or GPU. The newer PC might have higher resolution, that might also be a factor.

And as stated, if the program forces a single thread, the single core speed might be the limit.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(344 Views)

Well i did come across something similar, my UI suddenly started to become very slow and changing mode/tab in the program took 1,5 sec where it earlier took ~0,1 sec. This was on the same computer, mind you, but it might fit.

What happened wasn't just a tab change, but change of visibility of some clusters and a tab control and somehow the changed visibility caused some looping dirty bit or similar causing it to refresh many times.

The solution was very simple, i wired together the Visibility properties via the error wires, so one thing was completely hidden before the other changed its visibility.

I guess what happens in a Visibility property is that it loops through all components of a cluster and hides them, and with no error wire and several threads, both will hide or show parts in random order causing many redraws.

Does this fit your problem?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(290 Views)