From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New LV2010 VI: High Resolution Relative Seconds

So, how much does measuring the timing slow down the loop?

Message 11 of 15
(2,682 Views)

I'll get back to that later as time permits.   I'm not really set up to do serious benchmarking but was looking at base quanta for this.  Yes the FB node and the math operation (not to mention dynamic memory allocation and debugging) have considerable impact on the code speed. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,675 Views)

Yeah mine is password protected too. I've got something running 2013SP1 I'd like to use it in. Since it's not on the pallet, and I cannot actually look at the VI to copy it elsewhere, how do I actually USE it? 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(781 Views)

@olliejk wrote:

Yeah mine is password protected too. I've got something running 2013SP1 I'd like to use it in. Since it's not on the pallet, and I cannot actually look at the VI to copy it elsewhere, how do I actually USE it? 

If you open the front-panel of the VI, you can drag the icon (in top right) onto a block diagram. You can do this for password protected VIs.

The easier way is to install "hidden gems" through VIPM, then it will be on the pallet and you can drop it through quick drop.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(761 Views)

I also figured out you can take the file (right from the windows folder) and drip the file in the block diagram. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(757 Views)