LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FPGA IO -- No resource available

Hi,

I use Compact RIO and have several C modus installed. When I right click on FPGA target and select new FPGA IO at the available resource column I got no resource available. I wonder what could be the reason? Basically what I want to do is to create a FPGA IO and assign it to a specific IO channel. When I change the hardware configuration in the future I only need to assign the FPGA IO to different hardware channel so I don't need to change any program. Thanks!

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,803 Views)
You cannot right click on the FPGA target to select new I/O for C Series Modules; those I/O points are for the FPGA target itself, eg: Sleep, System Reset etc. If you need I/O points for the modules, you will need to right-click on the relevant module (New->FPGA I/O). If you don't have the modules exposed right now, right-click on the FPGA target and navigate to New->C Series Modules, all associated I/O channels will be exposed in the ModX virtual folder. If you replace the module in a particular slot with a similar module, then you don't have to change anything in your application. That addresses your concern of FPGA I/O being associated with a particular channel.
Message Edited by Adnan Z on 01-07-2009 06:37 AM
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
Message 2 of 11
(4,788 Views)

Hi Adnan,

Thanks for your reply. You are right. But LabVIEW also automatically populated all the FPGA IOs in virtual folder.  If I want to assign a IO to different channel I have to delete the channel that I want to assign  in the virtual folder and the FPGA IO channel then becomes available. 

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,775 Views)

Hi Tom,

Alternatively, you can do a right-click on the FPGA IO item in the virtual folder and select "Select Resource" to re-bind the FPGA IO to a different physical channel. However, (as you already said) you need to delete an FPGA IO item that is already associated to the channel, since you are only allowed to have a single FPGA IO associate to any given channel.

JMota

Message 4 of 11
(4,763 Views)

Hello Adnan

Can you please help me out regarding the same matter..

under the project explorer I find all my modules and controller.. but when I want to add FPGA IO under a specific module say in slot#1, it says it already contains all FPGA IO resources on this module..

and under MOD1 all i have is Mod1/direction

Mod1/step and Mod1/User LED..

how can I approach digital IO's????

moreover the C series module physically doesnot indicate any LED on..although I have given external power connected motor...software detects but no Leds ON...

mayb I have to enable its drive..whats the process.

And please if u can give me your contact #..

Regards

Sara Baber

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,397 Views)

You will need to list down what controller, chassis and module you are working with it. Also, a snapshot of your Project Explorer will help.

Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,392 Views)

I have attached the image..

controller is NI CRio 9074 and the c series module is NI 9501...

with 9501 its a single axis stepper drive module so i guess only these three things will be available not Digital IO like in others..

thats what I think tell me if I am right..??

now the issue is c series module doesnot show physcally thats its connected...I have to enable its drive how can I do that...

plus when i run  example given in help (Veloity Control (open loop)- NI 9501).it shows alot of break points..how to get rid of them??

beacuse I donot know the programing through FPGA at this stage. how can i just run exmple drctly

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,385 Views)

Exactly. You are using the 9501, and those are the only things you need anyways.

I am not sure how that particular module functions. I would suggest you have a look at the user manual for that module to get it to work.

Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,383 Views)

okay so can you please tell me y i am getting errors in the examples that are build in when i try to run it under my controller?

or otherwise how can i add my controller instead of the one thats already added in the examples..how do I have to change the IP of existing one?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,381 Views)

hello

I have successfully run single motor using the open loop eample.I want to know what i have to do to run multiple motors at the same time??

can you please help me out?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,364 Views)