From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network streams problem with cRIO-9022

Hi All,

I have programmed and tested an application which communicates over network streams protocol. I tested application between two PC computers and everything was okay. After that I moved application to cRIO and communications failes all the time. Once communication was totally okay but most of the time there are problems in certain streams. Between cRIO and host there are totally 5 network streams ( 3 writing 2 reading). Most of the time only one stream is active and sending data. In my test procedure I send only very small amount data.

I tryed to test communication with labview network stream example codes. There are two VIs called Display.vi and Generator.vi. When I run Display.vi on my host PC and generator.vi on RIO side communication is okay. But when I move Display.vi to cRIO and run Generator.vi on host PC side communication doesn't work. Does anyone else noticed this problem or tested network streams with cRIO? In this display.vi is one selection which is based on event-structure so it is not possible to change generator mode when display.vi is running RT system.

-Jim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,360 Views)

I successfully tested network streaming from a cRIO (9073).

- I've created cRIO writer endpoints and PC reader endpoints.

- Writer url's are set at the reader endpoints.

- The reader url inputs at the cRIO stream writer endpoint are not connected. ( cRIO can stream to any PC without changing the code. )

So far I've not streamed data to the cRIO.

Hope it helps

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,312 Views)

Hello Christian,

Thank you very much that you tested network streams with cRIO. Later I was able to communicate with LabVIEW example. In that example there is 1 writing stream and 1 reading stream. If I add one writing stream more then communication fails. This is now main question: is anyone able to communicate with more than 2 streams opened same time?

Thanks, Jim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,295 Views)

Hi Jim,

After a little work I was able to get my cRIO to read and write via two network streams, i.e. I can send and receive data.

My setup is as follows: a PC hosts a GUI (see mainGUI.VI) that sends an array of doubles to the cRIO via one stream and reads a double value back via another. The cRIO, via the scan interface, reads the array via the first stream and writes an analog value to the host via the second (see mainRT.VI). 

I've attached the VIs in case they help.

Regards,

Frazer

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,979 Views)