From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network stream using 64-bit and 32-bit VIs on same computer

I have a project where I'm forced to use a VI written in 32-bit LV2012 (because I need mathscript, which isn't supported in 64-bit) to communicate via network streams with a VI written in 64-bit LV2012 (they only version I can use an externally written 64-bit toolkit for my camera communication) on the same PC.

I need a network stream target to run on the 32-bit VI, and a host to run on 64-bit VI.

It kept not working, and finally I checked using the example host.vi and target.vi, and discovered if I open both in either 32-bit or 64-bit, they work, but if I open one in 32-bit and the other in 64-bit it won't connect, giving error -314100 (specified endpoint doesn't exist).

So question: is there any inherent reason this happens, since both 64-bit and 32-bit should support Network Streams? My first obvious alternative would be rewriting the mathscript code in native LV so i can all be on 64-bit VI's, but it's quite big (based on old, proven Matlab script) and that would be a significant effort I don't have time for now.

The reason I'm using net streams is that I also get data from 2x other networked PC's at the same time. Is there an alternative to network streams that can communicate data over a network in real(ish)-time?

Cheers

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,644 Views)

I just tested this and was able to get it to work.  Were you running both reader and writer applications on the same computer?  If so, I suspect you might be running into context naming issues with multiple application instances running on the same computer.  See this link for more info how to specify a context in the URL.  I suspect you might find it easier to create your own test VI for this rather than modify the shipping examples.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,541 Views)

I encounter the same problem:
Error -314350 occurred at Create Network Stream Writer Endpoint in 64bit_app.vi
Trying to connect a stream between a 32 and a 64 bit application on the same computer.
The attempts is to connect a queue to/from a 64 bit driver from a 32 bit application environment.
Before I start building something from scratch using TCP/IP : is there someone who actually got this working? (crossing the 32 / 64 bit gap)

Using LabVIEW 2020

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,375 Views)