LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network busy in Executable, but OK in LIB VI

Hi guys,

So I have an application that is made to communicate between 2 separate computers using the stream functions.  It work's great in the normal project/VI, but when I make the Client side VI into a .exe, it always says the network stream is busy.  Error picture is attached.

Any ideas?

----------------------------------------------------
Studying for CLA.
LabVIEW, inherit from social media habits!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,961 Views)

If you attach the code for the Host and the Remote (i.e. for the Sender and Receiver), we should be able to tell you where the problem lies.  My Crystal Ball is out for repair at the moment ...

Note that if you have "proprietary" code, replace it with sending "Hello, World" and receiving (and displaying) this message ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,943 Views)

Sorry About that, here are the snippets.  I hope the sub VI's go with it?

ClientClientHostHost

Studying for CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,907 Views)

The problem was in the Host VI.  The address would stay at the create network stream port forever.  Giving it a timeout of 1000ms allowed it to refresh the network stream!  It works!

Apologies if I wasted anyones time.  Thanks anyways.  I'll be happy to get tips for improvement on any of the code either way!

Solved!Solved!

Studying for CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,901 Views)

Nevermind....Still having the issue lol

Studying for CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,891 Views)

CDuck, 

You said it worked, and then something changed. What indicated that changing the timeout fixed the issue? Were you able to communicate with the client executable? 

The more information you can provide the better we can assist you. 

Thanks!

Clint T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,877 Views)

At first I noticed that when switching back and forth between computers using the Client VI, I had to restart the Host VI to get rid of the network collision error message. I believe that was solved by the timeout, but I'm not sure.. I haven't had much time to check it in the last day, but I think it worked.  The executable seems to work on other peoples computers, but not my own.  Perhaps there is an issue running the client and host VI on the same computer? 

BUT

Then again, I can run the "non exe" Client VI and Host VI on the same computer and it works perfectly fine.  I'll try to find some time to test this more my self tomorrow, other wise I won't be able to until next Wednesday.

Studying for CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,873 Views)

CDuck,

If you can't fit your Network Stream problem yourself, first read the second Notice at the beginning of the Forum that says you need to attach Snippets (perhaps in addition to inserting them as photos) -- for some reason, the current version of the Forum software doesn't always allow Snippets to be turned back into "real code" that we can run.

I've been quite successful using Network Streams in Executables (and in Development code), typically with LabVIEW RealTime applications, but also communicating between independent PCs running Host or Remote code.  If I can see and exercise your code, I can (probably) "fix it" so it works in both environments, and would be happy to post a potential "solution" here.  However, I can't easily view your picture, and can't see elements that are not viewable on your Forum post (like what happens in Cases not shown).

I also notice that you have a few additional sub-VIs shown on your earlier posts.  The most convenient thing to post is a compressed version of a Folder containing the Host and Client routines, along with all of the sub-VIs you use with them.  If you have this in a LabVIEW Project, simply compress the folder containing the Project and attach the resulting ZIP file.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,865 Views)