LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Stream memory piles up for fixed size of 1D DBL array of data

Hi All,

I use Network Stream to communicate between a VI & Exe - here VI is the writer and Exe is the reader. While creating the endpoint I give a minimum buffer size, say 100. But when I actually write to the stream I input an array of DBL of size 1000. As per the documentation this situation is to be handled by LabVIEW & I am also reading all my 1000 values. But the memory keeps piling up for the Exe while LabVIEW memory is fairly constant or not increasing at a noticeable rate.The same happens even if I give the buffer size to be same as the expected array size.

1. So even though I use the scalar data type as recommended (array of numeric) and the array size is also fixed for all transfers, why does the memory keep increasing?
  2. Why is the memory increasing on the Reader side?

Any earliest reply is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Priydarsini S

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,717 Views)
-Are these both vi and exe running in same machine or different?
-do you mean memory usage meaning RAM memory? Or you observing any changes in cpu usage also?
-Available Elements for Reading property is used by the reader endpoint to return the number of unread elements that reside in the endpoint buffer. So can you check with this property and see how many elements are pending to be read? And for write also?
- I'm sure you have followed this link thoroughly http://www.ni.com/white-paper/12267/en/
Thanks
uday
Message 2 of 3
(2,700 Views)

It could also be something not entirely related to the Network Stream.  Code would help a lot here for us to help diagnose your issue.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,681 Views)