LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Shared Variables not recognized after re-opening the project

Highlighted

I have exactly the same problem as SoheylV and LeBobbyshoot from the last couple days.

 

LabVIEW RT 2017 f2 running on cRIO-9067.  Every time I open the project the same 5 of my 162 shared variables in saved in 2 of 4 lvlibs complain they are not in the project.  This application was migrated from an working system running LV 2014 and the problem occurred on this machine in LV 2014 also.

1. Using the Select Variable... menu the variable is visible but cannot be selected

2. Show Variable in Project is greyed out

3. Dragging the same variable from the project to the VI shows a broken variable (black)

4. Deleting the variable and recreating it in another lvlib and it is broken on the next open

5.Find Callers from the variable in the project shows all the same broken VIs as having the variable!!!

 

The problem is the same regardless of the cRIO being connected or the variables being deployed.  All the variables are hosted on the cRIO.  One variable is a simple array of Booleans.  Another computer shows the exact same results.  Attached is the software installed on the cRIO.

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1000+ VI Search and Edit operations with Property Inspector 3.2, now with Global Exclusion™ and Persistent Selection™!
Review the top 24 Impossible with LabVIEW Categories
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(921 Views)
Highlighted

Hi Michael_Munroe,

  

Interesting issue. Can you copy the contents of the project into a new project and see if the behavior persists? I am interested to see if the issue is with that specific .lvproj. Otherwise, could you post the smallest reproducing case of this issue? This would help us troubleshoot. 

 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(872 Views)
Highlighted

I created a new project and added all components to the new project and the problem was the same.  Then I created a blank project and added only the 2 shared variable libraries and a single VI to show the problem and it was not present. 

 

Through several iterations of adding and removing folders to the project it appears that the problem is causes by the 2 shared vars.lvlib files being in an auto-populating folder.  When I right-clicked on the folder containing my lvlib files and selected stop auto-populating, the variables were intact on the next project open.

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1000+ VI Search and Edit operations with Property Inspector 3.2, now with Global Exclusion™ and Persistent Selection™!
Review the top 24 Impossible with LabVIEW Categories
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(862 Views)
Highlighted

Good troubleshooting work, thanks for letting us know. Feel free to post a small reproducing case if you would like me to look at filing a CAR for the issue. 

 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(850 Views)
Highlighted

Is there any update for this issue?  I closed my project last night and re-opened it this morning and suddenly my shared variables are doing the same.  I have no idea what triggered it or how to resolve it yet because the entire project is in an auto-populating folder.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(646 Views)
Highlighted

Well, just for posterity, I did find what triggered this.  The night before, I had inadvertently added a vi that included the shared variables to a vi that was within a class.  When I opened the project the next morning, the shared variables were 'not in the project'.  I found once I removed the shared variables from the class vi, and restarted the project, all was okay again... so far 🙂

Message 6 of 6
(630 Views)