From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network_Publish a Cluster

hye guys, need your help with cRio.

I have created a cluster and saved it as strict type def,

I'm trying to send it via a network_published variable, but I can't, I keep getting an error "invalid data type...."

any ideas?

AJ

----------------------------
Amit Joseph,
Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,190 Views)

If you must publish it that way (rather than having your own communication setup) then have a read of this:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DDEB4D9BC34705C086257242000FF7DB

---
CLA
Message 2 of 5
(2,188 Views)

Fisrt of all, Thank you so much for the quick answer.

this is my first projet with RIO, not sure I do know all the ("right") ways to use it,

I follow once one of the guides that show the use of network_Publish vars, if there is another way (and a better way) I do like to know where can I fing it,

again, Thank you so much!

AJ

Amit Joseph,
Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,179 Views)

Network shared variables are definitely the right place for you to start, but you just need to make sure you understand their limitations.

My comment about "if you must" was linked to this - one day in the long distant future you may find that another solution is more appropriate for you.

Good luck.

---
CLA
Message 4 of 5
(2,177 Views)

Id like to add that after reading the manual, it is just as I did, and still I get this error.

I'm attacing the cluster control I made.

I really like to hear about the other way 🙂

thanks,

AJ

Amit Joseph,
Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,176 Views)