From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net for as a child of a LV front pannel?

Is it possible to make a .net form (or inherited subclass) as a child control in a labview panel.  I have been able to open a form from labview but would really like the form to be a child control and not a separate window (similar to an activeX container).  The problem with the .net form is that the window is not active when LV is active and vise versa, which is causing problems and for both GUI development and ease of programming.  Has any one accomplished this?  Is this even possible?  I am not a .Net expert by any means but understand enough to use it for some applications.  I am actually interested in learning more through using it within Labview.

Paul 
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,406 Views)
It isn't supported in LabVIEW 7.x, but you might want to take a look at this...

http://detritus.blogs.com/lycangeek/2005/03/psst_can_you_ke.html

Message Edited by Lycangeek on 09-13-2005 10:10 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,398 Views)
You can always make a window as a child window of another window with SetParent.

George Zou
George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,391 Views)
Thanks for the links I will see what I come up with.  This is very useful for interoperability in future windows systems which seems to be headed towards a .net api approach.
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,389 Views)
This VI will let you set the parent window for the child. I do not know if it will work with .Net but it should as long as the window is open.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,382 Views)