LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to understand a part of code

@altenbach wrote:

As I said before, I absolutely love the feedback node. You can cosmetically switch direction for better code layout, you don't need a dummy while loop for much cleaner code, and if you use the global initialization feature right, it can often eliminate the use of a "first call" primitive. You can place parallel FN in different cases eliminating tons of telephone wires (would even be better with this 11 year old idea, though. <hint, hint> :D).

Feedback nodes also don't have that abomination of resize-ability, leading to rigid code that never scales very well. Good riddance!

(Bob, not sure what a "feed-forward loop" is in the context of this discussion)

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the "switch direction" thing you mentioned above.  I can use a basic feedback node, and there are some instances - like when your subVI lies within a loop and you need the benefit of a shift register but have no loop to hang them on - where there are no alternatives, but I always have to experiment a few times to set it up right.  I imagine you can set it up without thinking, and frankly, it blows my mind.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(425 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

(would even be better with this 11 year old idea, though. <hint, hint> :D).

Hey, 3 of your ideas made it into LabVIEW 2020 already, don't be greedy...

Message 12 of 13
(417 Views)

With feedback nodes, it is more likely to not notice certain mistakes (obvious in hindsight).

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(336 Views)