LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to plot spectrum intensity VS frequency in a graph

Hello everyone, i am still new in labview.

I need to plot spectrum intensity VS frequency in a graph. The spectrum intensity is obtained from the CCD camera. since the spectrum will decrease with resonance frequency I am thinking there is two way to plot the spectrum intensity VS frequency which is:

1) integrate the spectrum graph, or

2) choose one point from spectrum graph

but i am not sure to do this, i hope i can get a good guide.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,660 Views)

Hi Tinggi,

I need to plot spectrum intensity VS frequency in a graph.

Use an intensity chart or intensity graph…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,634 Views)

Hello, thank you for reply, here is the attachment i need to translate the CCD 1 to CCD 2. I got the CCD 2 by manually changing the frequency and record the intensity which not efficient. I want to obtain the CCD 2 image automatically.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,604 Views)

Hi Tinggi,

how do you translate "CCD1 to CCD2 manually"? How are these two images related?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,594 Views)

You have two plots, one of "Intensity" (which I think means "Amplitude", or maybe "Power", hard to tell, but they differ, one is roughly the square of the other) vs Wavelength (around 700 nm) and the other "Intensity" vs Frequency (around 3 GHz).  Wavelength and Frequency are reciprocally related, but your units are not compatible!  A 3 GHz signal has a Wavelength of about 0.1 m, several orders of magnitude larger than 700 nm.

You've shown no LabVIEW code, so it is difficult to tell what you did, but easy to say "you did something wrong".  Would you like us to "guess", or will you help us to help you by posting your code (do not attach a picture of your code, attach the actual VIs, please).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,582 Views)

I calculate the area under the curve from CCD 1 and then plot the area VS frequency. This is a manual method which is take long time and I want to make the automatic version. I am still new in labview so its difficult to me to know which or how to use the VI. I am planing to integrate the graph OR to choose only 1 point in CCD1 graph. I hope I can get some guidance. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,566 Views)

Hello, the CCD1 is Intensity VS wavelength while the CCD2 is Intensity changes VS microwave frequency. My material intensity changes with resonance frequency. I obtained the intensity changes in CCD2 by calculated the area in CCD1 using integral using python. This is a manual method which is take long time and I want to make the automatic version. I am still new in labview so its difficult to me to know which or how to use the VI. I am planing to integrate the graph OR to choose only 1 point in CCD1 graph. I hope i can get a good guidance. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,558 Views)

Post your code by attaching the VI (or VIs) that you are using.  [I don't look at pictures of code ...].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,555 Views)