LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to convert labview library created in 4.1 to something I can use in 8.5

Solved!
Go to solution
Is there a way to get a copy of 4.1 that will run on Windows XP? Alternatively I can get my hands on a version of 7.1  - would that convert properly? This is being done so I can interface labview with a CED 1401 system for an analogue signal.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,159 Views)

If the code isn't too large then the best thing to do is to post it here and someone can convert it for you. The only way to "get your hands" on interim versions of LabVIEW is to either buy it from someplace like eBay, or illegally.

What's a CED 1401? Have you checked to see if the manufacturer provides a more updated library?

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 06-22-2009 10:47 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,146 Views)

CED is Cambridge Electronic design. The 1401 can be seen here:

http://www.ced.co.uk/pru.shtml

The labview library they provide on there website was contributed a long time ago by a retired professor who I emailed and is unable to convert them from his original code now. They were written in LV 4.1 according to him and can be found here (RE: Use 1401 from LabVIEW😞

http://www.ced.co.uk/upu.shtml 

If someone could convert them for me. That would much appreciated! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,140 Views)
I did not see any LabVIEW library on either of the links you provided. Please provide a direct download link, or upload the libraries here.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,134 Views)
Sorry, see attached files.
Download All
Message 5 of 9
(3,123 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Dr DJ

Hi DJ,

here it comes in LV7.1 Smiley Wink

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 6 of 9
(3,120 Views)
Hello DJ,
I have a 1401 and am trying to get it going with this labview setup. Did you get it working? Any suggestions where I might find the dlls like:
use1401.dll
use1432.dll

I hope you see this! Thanks if you do.

Jake
University of Vermont
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,809 Views)

Good luck!  It's been 11.5 years and we've moved from (likely 32-bit) XP through 7, 8, 8.1, and various "versions" of 2010.  Even if you find/get the files, they may no longer work.

(When I first saw the subject of this post, I was planning on a joke reply like, "need to convert my super-8 film to betamax")

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 8 of 9
(1,799 Views)

Hey Kevin,

I still have some super-8 movies.  (In case I run out of firewood)

Thanks I really appreciate it.  I am burdened with a CED daq from 15 years ago and their software is garbage to make a UI.  They still make this thing you would think that making the best machine interface compatible would make sense for them.

Happy day,

Jake

University of Vermont
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,789 Views)