LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need suggestion to Improve

I take one part/stage of my design the FCV.

FCV is a knob:

1, when the number is 0 the knob is at 0, closed

2. When the numeric is at 250 it should automatically take semi open position

3. When the numeric is at 500 it should automatically  take the fully open position.

I designed the VI but it doesnt work accordig to the logic.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(753 Views)

I think I am so confused lookng at different examples on the forums. Recently I found the new VI which matches my concept partly, filling one tank through a slider and then filling the next tank by altenbach.

In this flow I need to add some conditions of RCV and FCV as discussed above.

Should I use array? or in range or coerce or for-loop iteration wth +1 or -1 ? or i should use state machines? or use time stamp? or use in-place element structure? How to cotrol FCV?

Actually the pattern is similar to this VI but in between I need to add some conditions in the flow through FCV or knob?

Please see the VIs i have made and let me know my mistakes. I am posting the VIs with different concepts and also the FCV.vi in last reply.

Final goal is to achieve the flow with all stages.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(748 Views)

Hello again,

I think that Altenbach's example is a great place to start. I am a little confused on how exactly you want the RCV and FCV to behave (maybe I just don't know what they stand for :). Do you want the RCV to start the tank emptying process? For the FCV, does that control the flow in the middle slide, or is it controlled by the flow out of the first tank. Maybe if I understand what you want these to do, I will be able to help.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(728 Views)

Thanks for replying!

my process flow is:

Tank1(500ml)-> RCV(remote control valve) just on/off, starts emptying the tank and filling the verticle slider/pipe1, just below the tank1->goes to horizontal slider/pipe2->FCV, Flow control valve, has conditions, if the pipe2 is filled 250ml the knob/FCV semi-opens->if the pipe2 is 500ml filled then knob/FCV fully opens and passes the flow to the next pipe 3 horizontal->goes to pipe4 attached to tank2 it is filled 500ml

Please see the VI below I tried making it but my VI unable to fullfill the conditions.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(724 Views)

Your state engine will forever be stuck in Closed state since you feed a constant to the case-structure.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(711 Views)

How can I add the change in state?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(709 Views)

I tried the VI according to the logic but still not meeting the conditions.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(707 Views)

Hello KRAZE4LV

On your block diagram, your state machine is always in the closed state for two reasons. First, you have to use a shift register to pass states between each iteration of your loop. Please look at this example to see how a shift register should be used in a state machine. Second, you seem to have tied both the next state and your iteration count to what looks to me should be your next state logic. This is confusing, and I'm not quite sure why you are doing it (inside your case structure, wired to your selector, you have a state, and you have a number).

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(687 Views)

Thanks for sharing the example with state machine but still I am unable to understand.

Actually as mentioned my process flow is:

Tank1(500ml)-> RCV(remote control valve) just on/off, starts emptying the tank and filling the verticle slider/pipe1, just below the tank1->goes to horizontal slider/pipe2->FCV, Flow control valve, has conditions, if the pipe2 is filled 250ml the knob/FCV semi-opens->if the pipe2 is 500ml filled then knob/FCV fully opens and passes the flow to the next pipe 3 horizontal->goes to pipe4 attached to tank2 it is filled 500ml

In this case in my VI, test:

I am unable to empty the first tank also

Unable to change the states as per my flow information

Can you help me achieve the process flow logic in my VI?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(677 Views)

Here is my VI...which needs modfication

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(667 Views)