LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with user events

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an initialization VI in which I am creating a number of user events.  Originally, these comprised a number of varying data types and were passed out as a cluster.  However, I had to change this to an array of variants, as I am subsequently indexing the user event refnums in a FOR loop to generate events based on a boolean array of conditions.  As I am unable to index elements of a cluster, I changed all of the event data types to variants so that I could pass them as an array which could be indexed.  It seems, however, that the owned labels which populate the event structure with the individual event names to select from are lost when using variants - the event structure only shows multiple instances of

<Variant>:User Event

in the pulldown list.  Is there any way of getting the event names to persist or pass them into the event structure so I can configure cases appropriately? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,570 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CFER_STS

So it appears that the modified VI with the variant event data types does work, but for some reason the event structure hadn't updated to reflect the changes.  After deleting and recreating the Event Registration Refnum indicator in my initialization VI, and reloading the parent VI, all seems to be working as intended.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,554 Views)

This happens often. Which LV version?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,539 Views)

LabVIEW 2013 Service Pack 1

13.0.1f2 (32-bit)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,531 Views)

Not sure if this is applicable, but I've used the Coerce to Type in the past to change the names shown in a user event.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Officially-Support-quot-Coerce-to-Type-quot/idi-p/1213...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,528 Views)