LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with custom control. Is this possible?

Okay, here is my problem. I have a picture of a human being (just outlined trace), that breaks the body into parts. (ie left arm, right arm, left lower back, right lower back). I need for each part to be a bolean control if that makes sense? I am trying to replicate a survey that was written for us in visual basic that we dont have the source for, and author is no where to be found. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,026 Views)
You could certainly place boolean buttons behind the image, but getting irregular shapes at the boundaries between parts would be difficult. If you can separate the parts, this could be done fairly easily.

Perhaps using a picture control and a Mouse Down? event would be a more effective way to do what you want. There have been quite a few postings about things which can be done with the picture control, especially by Ben. Search through those to see if something gives you an idea which would meet your needs.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,021 Views)

I agree with Lynn that this can be done with a Picture Control.

But first I would look at tst's Nugget on customizing controls since that would greatly simplify the code.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,009 Views)
You could make each of your body parts a separate custom boolean control. Add a series of booleans for each part to your front panel. Customize each control using the instructions here to add a decal to your boolean.

You do not need to save the custom control to a file unless you want to reuse it elsewhere. When all the booleans parts hava a decal, arrange the parts on your front panel.

The nice thing about a decal is that it becomes part of the clickable region for the boolean.

I've attached a crude example...

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,001 Views)
Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention i am using labview 8.  Can you resave the example to 8 please :).
thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,995 Views)
Attached... Note that the graphics are crude; i downloaded a shareware tool to tile a JPG into parts.

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,987 Views)