LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help running my "Master Progam1" VI faster. (under 1 minute)

Okay. Now that makes more sense.

I would start with Zenthoef's suggestion of using the Tools Profile Metrics.  That or use the Tick Count timers before your subVI's between them, and after them.  Insert more frames into your sequence structure so you know each of those times are occurring before and after each subVI.  The slow down has to be in one of those subVI's.  So this will get you started at looking at the correct one first.  Then you can drill down further from there.

Yamaeda's suggestions about the ActiveX function start and stop certainly seem valid.  But it is possible that the LLC intialize functions in your other subVI (I don't know what they do since they weren't attached) could be coming into play as well.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(505 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

I'll bet you need to use Automation Open and Close of your activeX object. They should both occur outside the main loop.

The HWSerialNum and Start/stop control should also be outside the main loop (thus not in the sub vi at all) but in the main vi.

Try that and tell how it works.

/Y

It runs correctly and takes all 23 measurements when I leave highlight execuition on.  But if I turn off highlight execuition, the stage only moves 1 mm once and still takes all 23 measurements but there all the same.

Here is the new "Master Program1.1" vi.

Michelle2607

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(487 Views)

Your last activeX command has Wait=false wired, could it be that it thus sends the 23 commands way faster than it has a chance to move the 1 mm?

Look at these 3 modified ones.

As i said in my first post, open and close the activeX object, it often causes problems if you dont. (i've added it).

Use the connector patterns so you can wire stuff together instead of using sequences.

I think you'll find my attached ones easier on the eyes. 😉

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 13 of 15
(471 Views)

Hi

I can not open your VIs because I am using LabVIEW 8.6.

Can you please post them as LabVIEW 8.6? 

Thank You!

Michelle2607 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(464 Views)

8.6 version

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 15 of 15
(447 Views)