From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help related to Graphs/Charts in Labview

Hi,

I need some info related to Graphs/Charts in Labview.

Where I am facing problem is:

User has to select from a ring control , type of graph/chart he wants i.e.,XY Graph,Waveform Graph,Waveform Chart...

Based on his selection I need to create that particular graph dynamically at run-time and plot the data.

Please suggest how I can do this....

Regards,

Harika

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,255 Views)

HI

Do you want to plot the any one graph at a time ? if yes so you can use tab control and place different graphs on each page. Value change of ring control will show the respective tab page

Regards

Santosh

Message Edited by SanRac on 07-28-2009 01:34 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,244 Views)

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, I want to plot only one type of graph at a time...If I use tab control,only user selected page should be visible to the user, others should not be seen. How I can do this ??

Is there any property for the tabcontrol to hide the selected page??

Thanks,

Harika

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,239 Views)
In tab Page only one page will be Visible. Create different pages for different type of graphs,create a property node for value and mention the page which u want to display.right click the tab control on the front pannel - Visible items and check out the tabs.
Balaji PK (CLA)
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved.
Message 4 of 14
(3,232 Views)

HI Harika,

There is property to hide the pages but you dont need that, you just need to display one page a time.

Just right click on tab control and in shortcut ment disable Visible Item >Tabs, this will hide the Page selection. If you want you can make the color of tab as transperent (It looks like you are not using any tab control)

Go to the terminal on the tab control, you can write the tab page number you want to display.

Regards

Santosh 

Message Edited by SanRac on 07-28-2009 01:57 AM
Message 5 of 14
(3,230 Views)

Hi harika,

I tried something for you.

Message 6 of 14
(3,218 Views)
Using tab control
Message 7 of 14
(3,213 Views)

Hi All,

Thanks for all your suggestions......

What I understood is i have to create seperate tabs for each of type of graph/chart, based on the user selection only that tab should be made visisble.......that means I have to provide data(means what i want to plot) to all the types of graphs....

My data is in the form of a 2-D array.........How I can give this as a input to XY Graph and Waveform Chart????? 

Thanks,

Harika

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,208 Views)
wavef.PNG
Message 9 of 14
(3,200 Views)

Thanks for your Quick reply..... 

Can you please suggest for XY Graph and Waveform Chart as I mentioned before.......

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,194 Views)