LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help modifying VI blocks for acquiring complex X/Y data

And where did you get the instrument drivers from? Can you provide a link so I could take a look?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 50
(1,374 Views)

We could get it here
Simpler, I search and download directly through Labview Instrument finder. It pop-up just only this one (with 5 stars rating)
89410driver.png

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 50
(1,372 Views)

okay, I have it, now what do you want to do exactly? Are you needing to program the mode and perform other settings as well? What does the rest of your code look like? Do you just need a custom VI which will take a VISA address in, and spit out the results?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 50
(1,370 Views)

Yes thank you Raceybe,
The rest of my code is just simple order the Instrument to recall its measurement setup (Recall state) that and then set again couple parameters, but those VI blocks works perfectly fine. (guess that why it got 5 stars)
Recall.png  The only problem is those 2 purple block that lead to XY Graph, which is X/Y axis data VI blocks, they can only read out the Real XY data from the instrument. I need it to read-out also complex X and Y values   

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 50
(1,365 Views)

The small booleans True/Fall right here decides the "Time data" value: Zoom = complex; Baseband = real
The "Time data" mode defined by the instrument Help is in the picture I attached at the beginning of the topic.

Recall.png

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 50
(1,362 Views)

Are you sure that when in the "zoom" mode that you don't just use the same X and Y trace data to form a complex number? How is the complex data visualized on the analyzer? What does it look like? Are they just using multiple traces, with a common X axis? In such a case, you should just be able to select another TRAC...the data won't really be complex, you'll instead have inphase (real) plotted on one trace and quadrature (imaginary) on another trace.

On a scope for example if you were to look at I and Q data, X would be Real, and Y would be Imaginary so you may just use the same functions.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 50
(1,355 Views)

Well, If I'm not wrong, there are only X and Y trace data blocks able to do that plot.

The "Zoomed" data display fine on the analyzer's screen, data run in just the right range I setup. So the analyzer takes the commands correctly. But in Labview, where I take out the data, XY graph shows that there're some sort of range shifted and the data values are whole wrong when I export it into excel.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 50
(1,349 Views)

So in the zoomed mode, maybe you can try capturing Trace B (2), Trace C (3), and Trace D (4). What do those have on them? From what I see in the manual, one of these traces has got to have the data. The use of the term "REAL" is used in a lot of older instrument drivers...it means real in the classical number sense (real number line) rather than in the complex sense (real and imaginary).

Oh, and is there a reason you had the X axis on a log scale? Is this supposed to be time domain data or frequency domain?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 50
(1,344 Views)

In the jpg, there's only trace A light up so the data should be only there. (I pretty sure) 
And the term "REAL" you mean in this line ? 

Y axis.png

The X axis is on log scale, since it's on the bode plot. And it's frequency domain, because I'm setting up to have spectrum measurement. (although the default value of Labview X axis in graph is Time ?)

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 50
(1,337 Views)

As long as you are doing an XY plot with appropriate data, the label on the axis doesn't matter.

Can I see a screenshot of the actual measurement you're trying to capture? I'm still trying to wrap my head around what is being done.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 50
(1,333 Views)