LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help modifying VI blocks for acquiring complex X/Y data

I'm working with these 2 VI blocks from Agilent 894XX Instrument driver and the thing is that: they are only able to read out Real X and Y values. The instrument is frequently required to work in "Zoom" mode, which output data is Complex. The term Zoom and Baseband are defined by the instrument in the image attached. I don't clearly understand the driver developer's code and the method it read-out the instrument in order to change them. Please help!

X axis.png

Y axis.png

Thank you so much in advance! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 50
(3,912 Views)

Have you read through the programmer's guide yet?  if what you want is possible, that's where it would be.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 50
(3,909 Views)

If you haven't done this yet, I'd make a pristine copy of the instrument driver and modify that instead.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 50
(3,904 Views)

Yes, please do.
I've tried to modify some VI blocks as what I know, the result was failed.
As I don't know further down to the data manipulation algorithm of those VIs. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 50
(3,892 Views)

LOL I meant that you should have made a pristine copy of the driver before muddling with it.

You should also download the programmer's guide and at least search for "complex".  That will probably tell you if it's possible or not.  (If the search comes up empty, it's a good bet it isn't supported.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 50
(3,882 Views)

Ya, I got your point right after I replied Smiley Indifferent
,but the reason is I've tried out many ways but it seem too difficult for my labview level, so I'm seeking help 
Are we talking about the same programmer's guide ? Could you please show me some link, or any keyword and maybe concepts ? 
Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 50
(3,860 Views)

The manual should be here, but it reports document not found:

http://www.keysight.com/main/techSupport.jspx?cc=CA&lc=eng&nid=-32439.536881642&pid=1000002367%3Aeps...

Without the manual, it would be really difficult to say. If it is a driver package from Agilent Keysight then chances are all functionality is already programmed into the driver, suggesting it may not be possible (as others have indicated).

Message 7 of 50
(3,848 Views)

@raceybe wrote:

The manual should be here, but it reports document not found:

http://www.keysight.com/main/techSupport.jspx?cc=CA&lc=eng&nid=-32439.536881642&pid=1000002367%3Aeps...

Without the manual, it would be really difficult to say. If it is a driver package from Agilent Keysight then chances are all functionality is already programmed into the driver, suggesting it may not be possible (as others have indicated).

Thanks for that link.  I found the GPIB Command Reference here.  The good news: Yes, it is possible to format the output for complex numbers!  The bad news: Instrument drivers only expose the most basic commands.  You will have to build your own.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 50
(3,833 Views)

Hey, I have another one:
https://doc.xdevs.com/doc/HP_Agilent_Keysight/

This is where I got the documents, probably listing all of HP_Agilent_Keysight instrument documents.
So great to hear that good news, but also so sad...How can I find a guide or explanation for building those VI blocks? Where should I start? Who should I contact for help now?

Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 50
(3,824 Views)

Can you clarify exactly what it is you want to do? Perhaps I could take a crack at it....but that's a maybe.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 50
(3,821 Views)