LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help for connecting a 310XAC power supply to LAN

Hi I'm new to communicating to devices through LAN.  I have a 310XAC programmable power supply mfg by Advanced Power Technologies.  I've setup up an Agilent 34980A with no problem through NI MAX.  The computer is connect to a switch which is connected the the 2 devices below.  I've coppied the network settings from the 34980A which are:

IP Address      169.254.9.80

Subnet Mask   255.255.0.0

Gateway           0.0.0.0

Yes I did change the IP Address for 310XAC.  Here's the network settings for the 310XAC:

IP Address      169.254.9.80

Subnet Mask   255.255.0.0

Gateway           0.0.0.0

I'm able to ping the IP and the APT software does find it , but cannot get NI MAX to see it even when I set the ip manually.  If anyone has any experience getting an APT 300XAC series power supply to talk over LAN I'd really appreciate

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,018 Views)
You've got the same ip address for both instruments. That's an illegal configuration.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,002 Views)

Sorry it was a cut an paste typo.  it should read 169.254.9.81

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,986 Views)
Is it LXI or VXI-11 compliant? Can you attach the manual?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,957 Views)

I think it's VXI compatable.  The manual is too big to attach but I can give you a link:

http://www.aptsources.com/products/300XAC/Default.aspx#

Thank very much for your help.  I know just enough about networking to be dangerous.....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,946 Views)
To get the manual, you must register and I won't do that and that is why I asked you to attach it.

You think or you know it's VXI-11?

Before you connect through a switch, try connecting directly to your pc. Use a dedicated nic for this test.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,942 Views)

Hi Dennis.  I understand,  Here's how I registered with phony everything

Name  Phylo KaVetch

company none

Email Phylo@noway.com

I searched the manual for LXI and VXI but it returned zero results

Thanks again.

Frank

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,921 Views)

Tried direct as well......

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,918 Views)

At last I have a LAN  connection!  Had to enter raw socket data as it turns out the power supply speaks to port 10001 and whatever IP one manualy assigns.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,854 Views)