LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help figuring out ListBox Ref producing a 1055 Error out of a property node

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Greg,

No, when running the .exe, I am getting an error "267" which pointed me to SystemExec, which is when I found the 1055 error being fed into it.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(818 Views)

When you see error 1055, are you running Main.vi or just Download BGM111.vi?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(816 Views)

It looks like error 267 can be related to an invalid "working directory" for system exec, and your python file paths change when running an executable. When you run your exe, it looks like your python files should be in this directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\OEM Controls\BT-Tracker Downloader\Python"

Does that path exist on your machine?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(813 Views)

If you run Download BGM111.vi by itself, you will get the error 1055 because the input reference is invalid. I see nothing in the hierarchy of the code that would result in that reference being invalid when run via the Main VI.

I suggest commenting out the Add Standard Listbox Message.vi calls within Download BGM111.vi, specify the 'Target' and 'Software File Paths' values in the Settings cluster that would normally be specified when running the Main VI, then run Download BGM111.vi by itself and debug from there. I think Gregory is on the right track with checking the validity of the paths to the python files.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(804 Views)

Just the DownloadBGM111 or a Sub.vi therein.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(794 Views)

Yes, that's what I thought, but that exact path is indeed on the machine.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(793 Views)

OK Darren, I will try that & report back.

I thought that when you reply to a post here, the reply would appear under the post, so please excuse my last 2 posts which were replies to earlier replies.

Thanks again guys!

George

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(792 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gsrokmix

@gsrokmix wrote:

Just the DownloadBGM111 or a Sub.vi therein.

That is why the listbox reference is invalid, it gets fed in from Main.vi. So, the original question is solved, but we still have to figure out why the System Exec is not working.

Similar to what Darren said, you can disable the listbox stuff, set reasonable values for "Settings in", and then test out the path that will be used when running the executable or when running the code in the development environment. You can try something like this in DownloadBGM111.vi:

capture.png

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(787 Views)

Ok Greg, I will try that & let you know what I find.

Thanks so much!

George

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(783 Views)

OK, so after making the changes above, re-building the .exe, and running on the production machine with the hardware it looks like the SW is now downloading to the MCU!

I will see if the rest of the test works and report back...........fingers crossed......................

Thanks

George 

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(723 Views)