LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a simple example of toggling a port on a USB-6211 DAQmx module

Clueless here again.  Once again I grovel at the feet of the initiated ones.

I am attempting to toggle a relay using a USB-6211.  My initial clueless attempts have not been productive. 

I'm left pondering this error message:

"No transfer possible because the transfer was aborted by the client?"

Why is the client aborting transfer?  What is a transfer?  Who is the client? 

Any nuggets of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

LV 8.6 on Windoze XP
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,891 Views)

Dear Clueless,

I suggest you start by running Test Panel to verify that you have properly installed your hardware and drivers.

See this link.  http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371556c.pdf

P.S.  Duplicate posts only irritate people.  Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,876 Views)
Sorry about the double post.  I didn't think anyone had noticed the first  time around due to my rather obtuse title.
Robot Sad

Anyway,  I am already using the device for A2D.  Works great too, once I got clued in how to make it do what I wanted.

Thanks
LV 8.6 on Windoze XP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,874 Views)

You really haven't given much information about what you are doing. 

Which port/pin are you trying to use?

Exactly what have you connected to that port?

What version of LabView and what version of DAQmx are you using?

If you are trying to drive the coil of an external relay, I will again suggest that you use the Test Panel to test your hardware before trying to write code.  This will allow you to test all connections to the relay.  If it doesn't work in Test Panel it will never work in your program.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,862 Views)
You must also ensure that the digital output has enough current to drive your relay coil and that the voltage levels are compatible.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,858 Views)
OK,  I'm running the latest version of labview 8.2.3 and all spanking new support files.

I haven't attached anything to the port as of yet.  I have been able to set select dev1 port 1 to be digital boolian 1channel 1samp mode.  I get a nice happy (white) arrow.  Run program and get the error message.  The port will be driving a Crydom solid state relay the requires 8mA max.  At this poiint I would just like to be able to toggle the port with no load.

Thanks
LV 8.6 on Windoze XP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,852 Views)

Port 1 is part of the Programmable Function Interface and has multiple uses.  You may have to configure Port 1 in MAX before you use it as a DO. 

Do you know what part of you vi is generating the error?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,845 Views)
LV 8.6 on Windoze XP
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,815 Views)

Hi Clueless,

As suggested a few posts ago, lets start with Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) test panels to make sure the card is working, and outputs properly. After this, then start building a program and testing in LabVIEW. I would suggest trying digital output in LabVIEW with nothing connected to your 6211 to ensure that there are no other factors contributing to any errors you see. If you are using a USB hub, try removing the hub and plugging the 6211 directly into the computer. Also try plugging the 6211 into the back of the computer, instead of any front USB slots you have, as occasionally these have caused problems.

If problems continue to occur, screenshots are always great to post, because they show the error code and explanation of what is wrong. You may also want to look at the NI-USB 621x Specifications manual.

David L.
Systems Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,812 Views)