LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a pop us downloading that automatically closes.

Hi,

I have a labview program with a system-exec.vi which runs another program. But I have minimized the window of the other by setting run minimized to true. But the other program takes around 30 seconds to 1 minute to complete. In this time I need to show some kind of pop up message like downloading and when the other program stops then the pop up message should close automatically. Is there any way to do this. Because all the dialogues from dialogue and user interface requires the user to press a button. I want a pop up message called downloading, and it should close automatically when there is an output in the standard output of the system-exec.vi. Thank You. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(805 Views)

Make the pop-up message a subVI that gets called with its front panel open and close it when the calling VI is done downloading.  or, if the calling VI's only reason to exist is to download a file and doesn't get user interaction, make that VI's front panel the pop-up message, opening and closing the front panel as necessary.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(797 Views)