LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a demo to implement power spectrum density

Hello,

I want to plot the power spectrum density plot as shown in the Frequency-Domain Analysis section here http://www.ni.com/example/30832/en/ and want to calculate the variables shown in the link.

Can someone give an demo vi (or example vi ) of how to 1)plot PSD(s^2/Hz) against frequency(Hz) with the some example values and 2) calculate the variables shown in the link 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,256 Views)

Hi GoviRe,

Do you have access to NI LabVIEW Biomedical Toolkit? You should find a lot of examples there. If not, we can unfortunately not extract code from this package for you to use. As for regular Power Spectrum Densities (PSDs) in LabVIEW (Full/Professional) without this package, have you seen the FFT Power Spectrum and PSD VI?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,210 Views)

Hi PontusMarkstrom,

I am using Labview2013 student version and when I am trying to open a example VI it is showing a error -"The NI system web server is not running" for which I tried the two solutions here http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BB4F052E48D9476186256FFD0067A992 but they didnt solved the problem.

For the second solution I dont find this nisvcloc.exe in the suggested path.

can I get some possible solutions and also can I get some detailed information of adjusting firewall settings.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,199 Views)

Hi GoviRe,

The KB you are linking to is referring to an issue with LabVIEW 8.2 and earlier relating to what was then called the NI Service Locator. Since LabVIEW 2010 and forward, it is now called the System Web Server. Have you repaired any NI software recently that includes this component? Then, it could happen that your System Web Server becomes unregistered as a service. Running a repair on the affected software could help with this problem, see this KB.

For your firewall question, please see this link: Configuring Software and Hardware Firewalls to Support National Instruments Products.

Note: In future posts, please create a new thread if the issue you are asking about is not related to the original issue.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,178 Views)