LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Support on How to Capture a Consumer related (for Ex: TV, DVD, Audio Systems etc.) Remote Control data and which LabvIew Tool can be used?

Hi,

I am new or i can say beginner of Labview and I want to use it for data capturing of a Consumer device Remote Control. Can any one please suggest which tool can be used and direct me to get reliable output.

Thanks,

Santosh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,906 Views)

Are you trying to capture the output from an infra-red remote control? If that's the case, you shouldn't need much more than IR receiver (such as a TSOP38238), and a device to capture the digital signal (a USB DAQ device should suffice). The digital input signal would then need to be captured and decoded with LabVIEW for the appropriate encoding scheme (NEC, Sony, etc).

There's no shortage of examples online of IR encoding/decoding being done with microcontrollers (especially using Arduino). Perhaps have a look at some example projects to get an idea of what's involved. There are also USB dongles which can capture IR signals and integrate with HTPC setups, and generally have programming APIs available.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,886 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply Mr MichaelBalzer.

I want also for RF Remotes. My main application is i had an Universal IR RC to capture different Codesets. I need to capture each and every Codeset programmed in Remote. Can i use Labview 2017 version directly or LabVIEW NXG is required? Also can you tell me best supported USB DAQ device for this application?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,877 Views)