LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need RS 422 Function Generator and RS 422 SDLC coomunication

thank for the great idea Spectre Dave. I will talk with my customer about that.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(926 Views)

Kim wrote:
thank for the great idea Spectre Dave. I will talk with my customer about that.

Kim,

The standard way of thanking contributors to this forum is to give them a Kudos by clicking the star icon in the top right corner. I am restricted to only giving one Kudos per post and I think Dave's post warrents more than just my Kudos.

So.. can I talk you into giving him a click? 

Take care,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 12 of 14
(924 Views)

Ben

Yes there is an upper limit to the FPGA capabilities and it takes very tight code to pull off the high rates.  I typically run my R series at 80Mhz and use pipelining to push the speed.

Thanks for the comment on the Gunship Avatar.  That was long ago and far away but I tend to get melancholy around Memorial Day.

Visualize the Solution

CLA

LabVIEW, LabVIEW FPGA
Message 13 of 14
(899 Views)

Spectre Dave wrote:

Ben

Yes there is an upper limit to the FPGA capabilities and it takes very tight code to pull off the high rates.  I typically run my R series at 80Mhz and use pipelining to push the speed.

Thanks for the comment on the Gunship Avatar.  That was long ago and far away but I tend to get melancholy around Memorial Day.

Agreed!

I just love the LabVIEW solution since it opens doors that aren't easy to open like being able to insert errors on the hardware level. As nice as the the OTS solutions are, they are designed to "work right" and when you are testing, it is often handy to be able to force an error.

Re: memorial day  

Yes, same here.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(887 Views)