From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help connection between USRP N210 and Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Community,

Iam new in thhis forum and i need help. I work on a project with a USRP N210 and Labview but i can not sucessfull connect my labview to the SDR.

My Laptop is connected with a ethernet cable and i can ping the device without any looses of pakets. But the Sofware Labview can´t find the device.

So i need help. (i prefere german answers bit english is ok too)

Thx for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,846 Views)

@Christian_Student wrote:

Iam new in thhis forum and i need help. I work on a project with a USRP N210 and Labview but i can not sucessfull connect my labview to the SDR.

My Laptop is connected with a ethernet cable and i can ping the device without any looses of pakets. But the Sofware Labview can´t find the device.

AFAIK, USRPs require 100 MB Ethernet (, some might require 1 GB Ethernet). If your Laptop is bit older, it might still have 10 MB Ethernet...

The URSP I had did not negotiate about the this, it would simply refuse connection to the 10 MB Ethernet. Using a 100 MB hub did allow connection, but transmission rates where poor. 

I used a PCMCIA Ethernet card, but I guess an USB 100 MB Ethernet dongle would do the trick as well.

Not sure if that explains the ability to ping, but what I understand, that's often handled by HW stack, while connection is handled by the SW stack.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,828 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christian_Student

Hi Christian_Student,

Some info:

• The N210 will not show up in MAX
  • The N210 only supports static IP addresses and will not participate in DHCP
  • Check out the USRP getting started guide http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/376358a.pdf about Setting Up The Network if you haven't already. This lists how to configure the device/host.

Please, keep in mind that N210 is using Gigabit Ethernet port, if you do not have one in your dev pc, you will not be able to use it. If the computer has a USB 3.0 port then a USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter can be used to obtain a Gigabit Ethernet port. This will normally allow to get the NI-USRP detected on the computer and getting started. A similar thread to yours: https://forums.ni.com/t5/USRP-Software-Radio/HOW-CONFIGURE-N210/td-p/3238974

Best,

Andrzej

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,810 Views)

thx for all the answers i will test it today.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,802 Views)

Hello sry for the long time i didnt answer i had some other stuff to do.

Thx for your help your solution was great.

Now i can commuinicate with the hardware

Message 5 of 6
(2,767 Views)

And thank you for letting us know and selecting a solution! +1...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,762 Views)