LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Creating a Student Attendance VI

Sounds like a sketchy attendance counter.  I'd just pay my buddy to push my button for me.  You probably should use a retinal scanner instead.  Smiley Very Happy

Sounds like an easy assignment.  However, I cannot open 2018 files to see what you have written so far. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(614 Views)

Start with a piece of paper and write down the steps.  Create a flowchart of how your program should work.

One key feature your VI is missing is a while loop that keeps things running.  You will probably want an event structure that acts on events such as the value change of a button.

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(612 Views)

I saved it as a previous version for you. If you could show me how to make it read the data and count the missed days that would be awesome. This is the only thing stopping me from continuing my class project. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(577 Views)

In order to count the missed days, you will need some way to know how many days the class assembled.  For instance, the teacher is there every day.  Is the teacher required to press a button or could that be added as a requirement?  If so, compare each student attendance to the teachers attendance and count it up.

I would recommend that you learn about state machines and event structures, as has already been mentioned.  This will give your code a foundation to build on rather than just having a bunch of random loops on you block diagram.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(574 Views)

Why did you create a new topic on this when you already have one posted?

Re: Need Help Creating a Student Attendance VI

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(555 Views)

@Mancho00 wrote:

Why did you create a new topic on this when you already have one posted?

Re: Need Help Creating a Student Attendance VI

Now the threads are merged.

Message 16 of 18
(544 Views)

I am trying to get this to work, but I cannot make it work. Could you modify my VI for me? 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(528 Views)

Hi bjb,

as has been said before: we will not do your homework!

I am trying to get this to work, but I cannot make it work.

Attachy our VI, even when it doesn't work.

Explain where you fail. Explain what you want to achieve.

Ask specific questions…

Could you modify my VI for me? 

Well, we could - but that is not the purpose of your homework!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(514 Views)